Tacos… who doesn’t like them?! In our homes, tacos are a family favorite. They are easy, delicious, and healthy – if you skip out on all of the extras, but who wants to do that? Indulge 🙂 There are so many different kinds of tacos (many of which we will feature in our blog), but we are going to start with an original, the Turkey Taco.
- 1 lb of ground turkey – we usually get Shady Brook Farms 93% Lean, 7% Fat
- 1 packet of taco seasoning – Old El Paso is a great one, or you can make your own (see below)
- Taco shells – we are split between hard shells and soft shells, so we normally get a pack of each – Again, Old El Paso is the way to go!
- Toppings (Extra) – are they really extra? We think they are necessary!
- Cheese – we typically get the Mexican style blend (Kraft)
- Salsa – Tostitos is our favorite
- Sour cream – this is a must!
- Avocado – this is a treat if we have these, but it makes the tacos so much better!
- Add a little olive oil to a pan and add ground turkey. Cook medium high until brown (usually about 10-15 minutes). Sometimes we freeze the ground turkey, so if that is the case, it will take longer.
- Once the turkey is cooked all the way through, turn the heat down, add the packet (or homemade) taco seasoning to the pan and mix well.
- The turkey taco meat is now ready to serve!
- Add the turkey meat to your choice of hard or soft shell, and please… add the toppings!
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper (optional)
Follow our journey! Click the button below to subscribe to our newsletter.