We have another delicious recipe coming your way! It is pretty similar to Chicken Piccata, but there are a few variations. It is really easy to make (one of our husbands has mastered this), and most of the ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. Try it out and let us know what you think. We think you and your family will enjoy!
- 6 chicken cutlets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped – sometimes we just use dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup of flour (for dredging)
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- ½ cup white wine
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and 2 tbsp of butter.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Dredge both sides in flour.
- Saute chicken about 5 minutes per side, or until lightly browned, on medium high heat.
- Remove from pan.
- Add the lemon juice, capers and white wine to pan and reduce slightly.
- Return chicken to pan and turn to coat.
- Cover, reduce heat and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Turn off heat and remove chicken.
- Stir remaining tbsp of butter into sauce until melted.
- Pour sauce over chicken before serving.
Optional: serve this over egg noodles or rice.
Serving size: 2 adults and 1 child
Follow our journey! Click the button below to subscribe to our newsletter.