Here is an awesome recipe that is perfect for a crisp fall night! It was SO easy to make, and husband approved! Check it out!
- 1.25 lb turkey sausage
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 bunch kale – rinsed, leaves removed from the ribs & rough chopped
- 1 cup Cannellini or Northern beans – drained and rinsed
- 4 oz of orzo (cook per box instructions)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 small pinch dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a medium sized pot or skillet.
- Add sausage and break it up with a spatula or wooden spoon into large chunks.
- When completely cooked, add garlic and saute for 2 – 3 minutes
- Add the water, stock, beans and red pepper flakes (if using) and stir thoroughly.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes, covered.
- Add kale and orzo. Allow 10 minutes to simmer covered. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Ready to serve (hot).
Follow our journey! Click the button below to subscribe to our newsletter.