As a follow up to our recent post on Mom Guilt and how badly it sucks, we collaborated with some of our fellow mom friends on “Mom Fantasies,” which mainly have to do with life before kids. And we are not talking sexual fantasies, although that would make for an interesting piece. Maybe next time, which is often what we say to our husbands 🙂 Here are a few that we came up with. We’d also love to hear from you! What are some of your mom fantasies? Here are a few we came up with:
- Binge-watching your favorite show/movie in your pajamas all day, while eating pizza and drinking wine
- Going shopping, at an actual mall, kid-free
- Using the bathroom kid-free – what we would do to pee without having to flip the light switch on and off a hundred times
- Showering kid-free (this includes the peering eyes into the shower)
- Having a spa day
- Sleeping in, and having a quiet house to do so
- Grocery shopping, and not having to worry about all of the candy that is being thrown into the cart and on the floor, when entering the checkout line.
- Being able to leave the house at the drop of a hat (we all know how difficult it is to leave the house with kids – there’s packing a million things, and bribing your toddler to put their shoes on).
- Actually finishing a book in an appropriate amount of time, an adult book… we aren’t talking about Brown Bear, Brown Bear…
- Going out on a weekend night, drinking too much, staying out way too late, sleeping in, and laying around ALL DAY while you recover from your awful hangover and lack of sleep.
- Going to Disney World without your kids, and laughing at the dad with a kid on his shoulders, one in the stroller, and one on a leash
- Not having to spend 10 minutes slicing and dicing each piece of food into a bite size before sitting down to eat a meal.
- Taking as long as you want to get ready, although our husbands would probably hate this even more than they already do.
- Going to brunch, and having a few mimosas turn into day drinking.
- Going on a girls’ trip and not having to worry if everyone will still be alive when we return. We trust our husbands, we swear.
- Laying on the couch and maybe taking a nap after a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
- Getting a nice night of sleep – no snoring husband next to you.
Follow our journey! Click the button below to subscribe to our newsletter.