This week’s Friday Fitness Tip is to Be Positive when it comes to your exercise routine, and in all honesty… life. So many of us are consumed by negative thoughts, including us. I’m not good enough. I can’t do this exercise. It’s too hard. I don’t have enough time. I’m too tired. I’m not fit enough. Stop it. All of those thoughts are negative, and we can all relate at some point or another.
Anyways, what are some ways to get rid of your negative thoughts?
- Keep a journal of your negative thoughts. Think about how you can change them.
- Smile. We can’t tell you how many times we have been in a workout class and the instructor reminded us to SMILE. It is so simple, so why don’t we just automatically do it?
- Talk it out. Do you have someone you can turn to when you are feeling bad about yourself? A spouse, a friend, a parent, a coworker, or maybe someone you don’t even know. How about us? Reach out anytime!
- Keep a list of things you feel proud of. We must admit that sometimes this isn’t easy, but you can do it! It might be small, but what are you proud of? What have you achieved lately?
- Don’t expect perfection. This is one of the biggest gripes we deal with. No one is perfect, so stop stressing.
Follow our journey! Click the button below to subscribe to our newsletter.