As busy mom’s we are all about getting resourceful with our time. We usually have to multi task and let’s be honest, taking time for ourselves is a fete in itself. The biggest obstacles most mom’s face with working out are
1.Space to workout
2.Time to workout
3.The cost of equipment to work out.
A Booty Band solves all 3 of these problems. They are complete lifesavers. Let me go into a little more detail about how a booty band can help!
Let’s start with problem one, space to workout. Incorporating a booty band intensifies body weight movements that normally require big bulky equipment. Pick a spot in your house that you can stand in, you can even utilize the furniture! Grab your medium resistance booty band and perform your normal leg movements like squats, lunges and deadlifts. You can even throw it on while you are cleaning around the house. The band itself is small and is ideal for home workouts, traveling or keeping it in the car. Unlike dumbbells, they are light and fold to take up little to no space at all.
Problem two is the time it takes to workout. By incorporating this portable and effective piece of equipment, you’ll increase your calorie burn and fatigue the muscle group more fully. The band forces you to really engage the muscle in an entirely different way. It also corrects form on most movements so you are helping get the most out of your time when performing workouts.
Problem three is the cost of equipment to work out. The price on machines is well over a couple hundred dollars. Are they awesome? Yes, but you can get in a great workout without it. The bands can be utilized for more than just legs, they add in resistance to push ups, bicep curls and shoulders to name a few. They come in 2 sizes, heavy and medium. They can both be used for a variety of different exercises, and for under $30 you really can’t beat it.
Here are my favorite moves to use a booty band with.
- Body weight squats, with a medium sized band you will activate the glute and your thighs as well as protect your knees when you are moving up and down.
- Bicep curls, sometimes when I am on my last set I tend to swing around and get lazy with my from. Adding the band helps stabilize your arms to make sure only your bicep is doing the work.
- Glute bridges, this exercise is hard for a lot of people that are limited on equipment or do not want to place the heavy weight on their hips, a band really activates the glute making the movement a lot harder while keeping it very user friendly. You can also add abductors at the top of the movement.
- Kick backs, these are always a great move that take little space and create that burn, adding the heavy band helps make that mind muscle connection to ensure you are targeting the exact muscle and not using momentum.
- Cleaning around the house, I have been wearing a band when I am sweeping, doing laundry or going up and down my stairs, by making it fun you are killing two birds with one stone. The bands make it a lot harder to perform these tasks and take away the time you have to spend working out.
Working out is supposed to make you feel good. It shouldn’t have to be expensive or hard, you just have to get creative! I hope this helps make it a lot easier and less overwhelming for you! I am happy to help answer any and all questions you might have!
My name is Renee and I am a stay at home mama with a passion to change the game when it comes to being a girlfriend. I love sharing new workouts that can be done at home, posting on my blog about Self Development with a side of entertainment. I hope you enjoy this post and helps make your journey a lot easier. If you ever need anything Your Girlfriend Renee is here to help!