Sometimes my husband and I just want something really easy to make for lunch or dinner. Recently he requested a BLT, bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich, which I delivered with a healthy twist. Instead of mayo we opted for some delicious avocado to get some healthy fat. Enjoy!
BLT With Avocado
- 3 slices center cut bacon
- 2 slices honey 7-grain bread toasted (our kids love Nature’s Own)
- 1/4 cup lettuce of your choice
- 2 thin slices tomato
- 1 ounce haas avocado 1/4 small, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the lettuce on the toasted bread, top with remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish with second slice of bread and cut in half.