I told you guys a while ago that I was trying to be better at eating lunch. The only way for me to do this, is to meal prep. I stumbled upon this Skinnytaste meal – Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa and Mango Salad – and I just had to make it. It was pretty easy to make, and it was so good! The spiciness of the jalapenos paired with the sweetness of the mango is to die for! I made this whole serving, and had enough for 3 lunches. Give it a try!
Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa and Mango Salad
- 15- ounce can black beans no salt added, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa red or tri-color, according to package directions
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 small red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño pepper seeded and finely diced
- juice from 1 medium lemon or lime
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- Mix together the beans, quinoa, corn, bell pepper, mango, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and turmeric in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over the mixture and toss.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.