I can’t even begin to tell how how delicious these Chicken Tzatziki Bowls are! I am a sucker for Mediterranean food, so I knew I would love it… but my husband, who is not as in love with Mediterranean food, was obsessed with it! Of course I left the olives off of his… god forbid he eat an olive. The bitterness of the tomato and cucumber salad paired so nicely with the tart and spiciness of the chicken. I will definitely be making this one again!
Chicken Tzatziki Bowls
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 Cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1 cup 145 g cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup Skinny Tzatziki
- 1/4 cup authentic feta the kind that comes in brine, crumbled
- 12 smashed castelvetrano olives
- Cut the chicken thighs into 1-inch (2.5-cpieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, turmeric, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the chicken and stir to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-low heat.
- Thread the chicken pieces among 4 wooden or metal skewers, discarding the marinade in the bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken, turning the skewers occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through in the center, about 15 minutes.
For the salad
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and red onion and toss to combine
For the bowls
- Divide the quinoa among 4 bowls, 1/2 cup each.
- Top with the cucumber salad, followed by a spoonful of tzatziki, 1 tablespoon crumbled feta, and 3 olives.
- Top with 1 chicken skewer and serve immediately.